This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Tidybooks, the owner(s) of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
1. Definitions and Interpretation In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Web Site; “Carrier” means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers; “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site; “Goods” means any products that Tidybooks advertises and / or makes available for sale through this Web Site; “Tidybooks”means Tidybooks Europe Ltd “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Tidybooks makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future; “Payment Information” means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes; “Purchase Information” means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form; “Premises” Means our registered address located at Tidy Books Europe Limited, Suite 203, The Hiltongrove Business Centre, Hatherley Mews, London E17 4QP. “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Tidybooks makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links; “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Tidybooks and acting in the course of their employment; and “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (www.tidy-books.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.www.tidy-books.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Age Restrictions Persons under the age of 18 should use this Web Site only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
3. Business Customers These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business.
4. International Customers If Goods are being ordered from outside Tidybooks’s country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. Tidybooks is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Tidybooks cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
5. Intellectual Property 5.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Tidybooks, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws. 5.2 Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by Tidybooks.
6. Third Party Intellectual Property 6.3 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable. 6.4 Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
7. Fair Use of Intellectual Property Material from the Web Site may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
8. Links to Other Web Sites This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Tidybooks or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
9. Links to this Web Site Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.tidy-books.com without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Tidybooks. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tidy Books Europe Limited, Suite 203, The Hiltongrove Business Centre, Hatherley Mews, London E17 4QP.
12. Termination and Cancellation 12.11 Either Tidybooks or you may terminate your Account. If Tidybooks terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons. 12.12 If Tidybooks terminates your Account, any current or pending purchases on your Account will be cancelled and will not be dispatched. 12.13 Tidybooks reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch. 12.14 If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases. 12.15 If you terminate your Account any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
13. Goods, Pricing and Availability 13.16 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from Tidybooks correspond to the actual Goods, Tidybooks is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 15.1 for incorrect Goods. 13.17 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing. 13.18 Tidybooks does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on the Web Site 13.19 All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. Tidybooks reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. 13.20 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and Tidybooks processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price; 13.21 All prices on the Web Site do include VAT. Tidybooks’s VAT number is 881 8030 19.
14. Delivery 14.22 Tidybooks will notify you by way of email when your goods are to be dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you. 14.23 If Tidybooks receives no communication from you, within 14 days of delivery, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems. 15. Returns Policy Tidybooks aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions. 15.24 If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 14 days to arrange collection and return. Tidybooks is responsible for paying shipment costs. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods. 15.25 If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact Tidybooks within 28 days to arrange collection and return. Tidybooks is not responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. 15.26 If any Goods develop faults within their warranty period, you are entitled to a repair or replacement under the terms of that warranty. 15.27 If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to Tidybooks within 14 days and arrange collection and return. Tidybooks is not responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. 15.28 If the Goods have been dispatched or have reached you, but you have changed your mind, please return them to Tidybooks within 14 days of receipt. Goods can only be returned for this reason if their packaging remains unopened and the Goods can be re-sold, as new, without any additional work on the part of Tidybooks. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason. 15.29 If you wish to return Goods to Tidybooks for any of the above reasons, please contact us using the details on wwww.tidy-books.com/contact/ to make the appropriate arrangements. 15.30 Please note, we do not accept returns of items which are displayed on our special offers which have been marked as discontinued or end of line. 15.31 Tidybooks reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to: 15.31.11 Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods; 15.31.12 Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly; 15.31.13 The fact that the Goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software and that the packaging has been opened; 15.31.14 Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase. Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
17. Disclaimers 17.31 Tidybooks makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services. 17.32 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind. 17.33 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
18. Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions Tidybooks reserves the right to change the Web Site, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Web Site following the changes. If Tidybooks is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
19. Availability of the Web Site The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Tidybooks accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. Limitation of Liability 20.34 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tidybooks accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk. 20.35 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Tidybooks’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Tidybooks. 20.36 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Tidybooks’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Web Site. 20.37 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal. 21. No Waiver In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
22. Previous Terms and Conditions In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise. 23. Notices All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to info@Tidybooks. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
24. Law and Jurisdiction These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Tidybooks shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Tidybooks and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Tidy-books.co.uk is owned and operated by Tidy Books Europe Limited a registered UK company. Company No. 4877859. Registered at Unit 10 Hiltongrove Business Centre, Hatherley Mews, Walthamstow, London, E17 4QP. UK.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you even if you do not make an enquiry on our website or register for any of our services. This enables us to improve the quality of the services we offer. We collect information such as which search terms you entered while on our website, where you came from on the internet to find our website, your IP address, your browser type and the country your computer is located in. We do this by using a "cookie" which we explain in greater detail further down this document.
We do not collect, hold or store your credit/debit card details at all.
How do we use the information you collect about me?
We will only use the information we collect about you to improve the quality of the services we offer, and to tailor the services we offer to your requirements.
We promise that we won’t ever share your private details with any other organisations, apart from our immediate suppliers of service to you.
What are "cookies" and how do we use them?
Our website stores a number of different cookies on the computer or device that you use to access our website. Cookies are small text files used by browsers to store small bits of information about a device or computer, such as preferred settings or preferred languages.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you don’t have to accept cookies if you don’t want to. If you don’t want to accept cookies, please read up on your browser software for further information on how to prevent them being collected. Cookies do not take up much space (unless you have thousands of them) and cannot contain viruses or other harmful code.
The ICO has categorised all cookies into 4 classes:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
The majority of our cookies are category 2 cookies, although other websites/services that we use, such as Facebook or Twitter, may store category 3 cookies on your computer when you visit our website or share content.
Using our site may result in the following cookies being stored on your computer:
Name of cookie
__utmc __utma __utmb __utmz
These cookies are set by our analytics software (Google analytics) and are used to monitor how many people visit our site, which search engine they used to find our site, and how they navigated around the site (i.e. which pages were viewed). These cookies do not store any information that is able to identify you personally and are immensely useful to us as business owners or service providers.
loc __atuvc uit dt di uid uvc psc guest_id
These cookies are set by the social sharing service we use to add Facebook like, Tweet, Google+ and other social sharing buttons to our site. Which cookies are set will vary depending on which social networks you use and are signed into when viewing our site.
We use these cookies to determine whether to show you the warning bar at the top of the page and whether you have opted in order out of using cookies. At present it isn't possible to remember your choices if you don't want to store cookies on your computer without using cookies.
Can I have access to the personal information you hold about me?
Yes, you have a legal right to request a copy of any personal information Tidy Books holds about you. You also have a right to request Tidy Books to remove any personal information about yourself from their systems. Please email or write to us with this request at:
Email: email@example.com Postal Address: Tidy Books Europe Limited, Unit 10, Hiltongrove business centre, Hatherley Mews, London, E17 4QP